Sunday, September 6, 2009

"parking your car, you said: i'm overwhelmed.
you were thinking out loud. you said: 
i'm overwhelmed.
you were parking your car. you said: i'm overwhelmed.
you were thinking out loud. you said: i'm overwhelmed.
you said: i think i'm like tennessee williams.
i wait for the click,
i wait...
but, it doesn't kick in."


-the national, "city middle," 2005


brick pollitt: something hasn't happened yet.
big daddy: what's that?
brick: a click in my head.
big daddy: did you say, 'click'?

brick: yes, sir.
that click in my head that makes me feel peaceful.

big daddy: boy, sometimes, you worry me.

brick: like a switch clicking off in my head... turns the hot light off, and the cool one on.
all of a sudden: there's peace.


-tennessee williams, "cat on a hot tin roof", 1955